Happening This Week
I hope you had a wonderful weekend! The above painting is of John Wesley preaching about the good news of God’s grace that is available to all people. I pray you have an opportunity to share this good news and grace with somebody this week.
I also hope you can participate in the following events and meetings that will be taking place:
- The prayer team will meet on Tuesday at 9:30 am.
- Crafters will meet on Tuesday at 10 am.
- Covenant Bible Study continues this Wednesday. We will study session 2. All are welcomed to the study. We will be meeting at Comer UMC at 6 pm.
- On Thursday the Hampton Class will travel up to the mountains to look at the fall colors and have lunch. We will leave the FLC at 9 am.
- Supper Club will go out to eat this Friday at 6 pm. Come join the fun and fellowship.
Also, these events will take place latter this month:
- We will have a Blessing of the Pets worship service on Sunday October 26 at 4 pm.
- We will have a Pastor Appreciation Dinner on Sunday October 26 at 5;30 pm.
- Friday October 31-Trunk or Treat from 5:30 to 8 pm.
Next Sunday I will continue my sermon series, “Why I am a United Methodist.” I will be preaching about “Christian Perfection.” Professor Kevin Watson offers some interesting thoughts and opinions about a Wesleyan understanding of perfection in this blog post, “Super Christian: Is Perfection a Problem or a Promise?” You can click on the title to read the blog article.
I pray you will know God’s grace at work in your life this week!