Happening This Week
A Thought and Prayer for the Week…
I pray you had a wonderful Thanksgiving week with friends and family! On Sunday morning we prepared the Church for Advent with the Hanging of the Greens. We can now continue preparing our hearts for the joyous miracle of Christmas, “That the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.” It is my prayer that during the days of Advent we can Reclaim the gift of Christmas and embrace the wondrous gift God has given to all creation in Emmanuel, God with us.
Prayer for the First Week of Advent
Book of Common Prayer
Happening this Week
- United Methodist Women will have a covered dish dinner on Monday night at 6pm in the Family Life Center. This will also be their December Meeting.
- Prayer Ministry will meet on Tuesday at 9:30 am.
- Craft Club will meet on Tuesday at 10 am.
- Kids for Christ will meet on Tuesday at 5 pm.
- Ministry Council will meet on Wednesday at 6 pm.
- The Hampton Class will go out for lunch on Thursday at 11:30 am.
- The Old Fashioned Christmas in Colbert is Friday from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. We will be giving away candy canes.
- The Church Christmas Supper and Methodist Men Peanut Jingle contest will be next Sunday night at 5pm.
Advent is a busy season, but don’t let the busyness keep you from experiencing the gift God is offering you!